Saturday, March 12, 2011

WEEK TEN: Precious sleep

More technical difficulties :( The past couple of Mondays I have gone to pick up Katelyn from daycare  to find out she has bitten one of two of the other kids.   Well if that doesn't give you a horrible, am I not a good parent feeling,  I don't know what will.  The first Monday it happened I took her home and me and my husband talked with her and told her biting hurts and that if she keeps doing it she may not be able to play with her friends at daycare.  We even told she should give kisses instead of biting ( which will probably turn her into the kissing girl in the future, as it runs in the family ) .   This seemed to work and the rest of the week went by with no problems.   Then this Monday came around and I went and picked Katelyn up and found out the same thing happened.  I know that around the age of 2 this can start happening, but I want it to stop!   I started thinking about it and realized that both Mondays came after long busy weekends in which she really didn't have naps and she  may have gone to bed later then usual too. She also does not nap well during the week which made me wonder if lack of sleep is causing her to lash out by biting.  Hmmmm, well even if that is not truly the case she is getting as much sleep as I can get out of her in hopes that she will return to her pleasant non biting self !

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture. :) The good thing is that we all know lots of kids that were biters and they always grow out of it, don't they? I hope getting more naps is helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing that she should grow out of it is making me feel a little better :) No biting yesterday either!!

    ReplyDelete